From May 18-21, 2021, Scripps Institution of Oceanography will be hosting the virtual Ocean Visions Summit. The Summit will bring together a multi-sector community of researchers, innovators, decision-makers, funders, and more to develop ocean-based solutions to climate challenges. Topics include:
- Accelerating the Ocean’s Power to Sequester Carbon and Reverse Climate Disruption
- Equitable Solutions for Coastal Inundations and Sea Level Rise
- Healthy Ocean & Healthy People
- Marine Circular Bioeconomy: Sustainable Food, Bioenergy, & Biomaterials
- Harnessing Innovation to Accelerate Ocean Solutions
- Towards a Global Ecosystem for Ocean Solutions (GEOS)
The Center is partnering with researchers at universities across the U.S., as well as regional and national policymakers, NGOs, and other stakeholders to discuss equitable and coordinated coastal solutions for U.S. coastal regions.